The Tissue Trimmer is an instrument for gingiva trimming, used as an alternative and addition to electrosurgery and the scalpel.
- Apply the Tissue Trimmer in a 45 degree angle.
- The cutting should be about 3 to 4 times slower than with a preparation diamond instrument.
- Multiple serrations in the same area should be avoided.
- After a short period the Tissue Trimmer can be used again to get an additional coagulation.
- The special ceramic causes the vessels to coagulate and reduces the haemorrhagic tendency.
Range of indications include: contouring the gingiva and cutting the gingiva; widening the sulcus for impression taking; exposing deep cervical cavities, papillectomies and recovering intraosseous implants and impacted teeth. Use at high speed between 300,000 and 500,000rpm without irrigation.
Available in 5mm or 8mm in single or packs of 2.
Select a variation