- Dark blue colour provides strong contrast with dentin and the pulp
- Allows accurate detection of infected dentin
- Increased reliability, no error
Snoop is a caries detecting dye. Carious dentin is made up of two distinct layers:
- The layer of outer infected dentin is soft, discoloured, non-vital, non sensitive, cannot remineralize, should be removed and is stained by Snoop in 10 seconds.
- The layer of inner uninfected (affected) dentin is not infused with bacteria, is capable of remineralizing, should not be removed and is not stained by Snoop in 10 seconds.
Snoop distinguishes between outer infected and inner affected dentin in 10 seconds. Snoop identifies infected carious dentin and helps the practitioner preserve vital dentin that should not be removed. The caries detecting dye stains the denatured collagen that is only present in the outer infected dentin. This is an important tool for conservative dentistry.
Snoop comes in a 12ml bottle with Dispensing Straws (pack 100) which are also available separately for refills.
Select a variation
SNOOP, Dispensing Straws